To obtain your Driving Record for Court Purposes (also known as a Driving Abstract), see below:

In person - This is the quickest way to obtain an abstract of your driving record. Please go to your nearest Secretary of State facility, complete an abstract request form, pay the $12 fee and receive the record on the spot. They do not accept credit cards or debit cards.If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor person (under age 18) and are requesting the driving record of that minor person, the requestor must submit a notarized written permission of the person listed on the request form to obtain the driving record and pay the $12 fee. If you are out-of-state, a family member (parent/legal guardian, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, child or grandchild) in Illinois can obtain a copy of your driving record in person at a Secretary of State facility. The family member must submit the notarized statement granting permission of the person listed on the request form to obtain the driving record and pay the $12 fee.

By Mail - A second option is to mail your request to the Secretary of State, Driver Analysis Section, 2701 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Il 62723. You will need to include the full name, date of birth, sex, and Illinois driver's license if possible along with your $12 fee. Please use the abstract request form. It will take10 working days for a response to be issued by the Secretary of State.

Clearance Letter - The Illinois Secretary of State no longer issues clearance letters. If another state insists on written proof of your driving status in Illinois, you may request a certified copy of your driving record for the licensing authorities in that state. Please refer to the steps above on how to purchase your Illinois driving record abstract.
If any additional information is needed, you may contact the Abstract Information Unit at (217) 782-2720.

Online Discount

Driving is a privilege that most of us cannot easily live without. Losing your license will change your life. If you've been charged with a traffic offense in Chicago or in the Greater Chicago area, you must take prompt action to address the criminal charge.

Those traffic violations don't just go away. Contact the law office of Paul Bubaris now and ask for our online special discount. We can help you get back on the road.

The information on this website does not constitute legal advice. The purpose of this information is to provide general information to the public. For expert legal advice call the offices of Paul Bubaris at (773) 581-1700